Position: Organic Farming and Farmland Protection Champion
Terms: $17.50/hr, flexible hours, 8 months / optional on-site housing at minimal cost
Location: Brantford, Ontario (accommodation provided at minimal cost)
The Langford Conservancy works with Sustainable Brant and Hearts Content Organic Farm to protect farmland and support organic farming.
Must have graduated from a community college or university (in any discipline), be 30 years or younger, not in receipt of EI, and be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada. Supportive of organic farming and farmland protection philosophy.
The position involves:
- organic farming, and the preparation of value-added foods and herbal remedies,
- helping with planning, promoting and running community workshops and events related to organic farming, value-added food preparation, agri-tourism, medicinal and edible plants, creating an inclusive organic farming community and farmland protection,
- helping with book-keeping and fundraising to support the protection of farmland, and
- research and writing on the above topics.
- Willing to learn organic farming techniques and philosophy
- Social media skills (e.g. Facebook, Twitter)
- Eagerness to learn
- Good interpersonal skills, shows initiative and is organized, able to work as a team-player and independently; some experience with grant writing and book-keeping.
Salary - $17.50/hr, flexible hours, 8 months.
Housing: Accommodation provided at minimal cost.
Starting Date: Flexible, Deadline for applications Monday, July 17
Contact: rtunstall54 gmail.com or call 519-647-0307.
Please send resume and 2 work related references.